Moony

Pic Courtesy: Manish Kumar from https://www.ek-shaam-mere-naam.in/

Every time I have stood there and gazed at you, I have felt there is stillness in the world. Within and without.
You, too, have been rather committed in communing with me. You have returned my admiration with fondness. You have calmed my agitated heart. You have centred my mind. And as if it was not beautiful enough to see your glowing countenance, you have run a slideshow of people who long for - just as I long to see you in your full glory. Telling me that we are all united...through you. 
Standing there on the terrace, holding you in my unblinking eyes, I have known what it means to breathe comfort. You are just one of those phenomena that prove perfection exists. You stand there as a constant reminder to us lesser mortals to be more than lesser. Way more. You tell us that the idea is to be this beautiful, this comforting, and this graceful, no matter who we are. 
How do you do it? Making the breeze move at just the right speed? Making the birds fly in just the correct alignment? Making the trees sway in just the right melody? The clouds waft in just the picturesque formation? Even the earth gravity pull with just the desired force?
Enough to break my heart with all broken dreams. And join it back again with sheer hopefulness of life. 
Moon. I daresay, my moon, you are perfection. And love. And heartbreak. And hope. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seven years since I set SAIL

Happy 40th to my sibling teacher

The power of silence