Misanthropy

 

I think I have begun losing sanity,

You see, I now hate humanity!


The uncle who wears an overcoat

In just the same shade of fawn

He makes my heart go racing

I wish he never was born


The officer who now does your role

Tries hard to fit into your shoes

Wears it like a big bad cloak

Misfit, lax, and loose


Then there’s this army officer

His hair cut just like yours

He makes me fall to the ground

I wish he returns to his force


Now most of them can be borne

Except that one special guy

Tall, broad, and strong

Turning heads as he walks by

His voice is also deep

His demeanour known to be sweet

He even matches your gait

Nearly stops my heartbeat


Every day on that street

That you’d walk by each day

Tucked in the corner in my car

For just one look at you, I pray


There’s a crowd that walks down that road

The officer, the woman, the boy

Yes – I hate everyone that’s not you

My love, my life, my joy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seven years since I set SAIL

Happy 40th to my sibling teacher

The power of silence