Monday, March 28, 2011

Silence replaced You


Everywhere I go
everywhere I prevail
a silence leads
a silence trails

I do what I love
I dance and read and write
I sing I play I travel
with silence as my guide

my friends are my darlings
and family my resort
but silence is what stays
in my actions and my thoughts

I shrug it off in music
in things that make me proud
but it returns with a vengeance
a silence – clear and loud

silence flies all day
in nights it comes to brood
my mind is its nest
my heart is its food

it’s found a hole in me
it lingers near and close
it resides in the vacuum
in just the place that was yours.

2 comments:

  1. "After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music" - Aldous Huxley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely line Arun, and very true indeed.

    ReplyDelete