Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Rebel


It’s not that I resist
just to stand out
it’s for a deeper reason
that I deny and flout

I refuse to follow ideas
that cross terms with reason
I don’t care if you’d charge me
with blasphemy or treason

I’m a bohemian, a vagabond
a dreamer to the core
I glide with my senses
with my mind I soar

in a far-off land I live
away from conventions’ rot
u could fetter my body;
not colonise my thought

my stories could be small
my value trifling
but freedom is my partner
and bliss my sibling

I won’t toe the line
and I will not conform
am here to appease none
but beget my own norm

Custodians, beware!
a rebel has risen in me
to cause a wave of change
that centuries will live to see.

2 comments:

  1. Pardon me,
    in festive days
    we don't have time
    to sit beside you,
    to listen to or touch you,
    to feel your pulse
    Poetry,pardon me.

    ReplyDelete